Home: Products: Plugins: Gossamer Links Plugins: Paid Plugins: 3.x Version: SpellChecker
This plugin is a great tool to add to your site. Based on search queries people make on your site, it recommends alternative suggestions. For example, if someone types in "computr" or "compuor", it would recommend "computer". Its amazing how many people make typos - and then wonder why they don't get any results to their query. It only requires a few lines of code to be added in to your templates, and can be used in both search.html, as well as search_results.html.
- Gossamer Links 3.0.4+
- Lingua::Ispell Perl module [ instructions provided on installing this ]
- ispell - http://fmg-www.cs.ucla.edu/geoff/ispell.html [ instructions provided on installing this ]
- LINUX / UNIX server (won't work on NT, and old versions of MacOS)
- Will provide spelling suggestions, linked to the re-made search.cgi
query. For example, someone searches for "computr" it would have something
computr - Suggestions- computer
- Provides up to 5 suggestions per word.
- Case insensitive.
- Easy to setup (only a few lines of template code to add in)
- Template based, so you can give the appearance your own look and feel